[CT Birds] This and that

Jo-Anne Roberts jmrcnslt at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 20 11:35:25 EDT 2009

I couldn't stay awake past 10:30 last night. But before I went to bed, I
sifted flour around the base of the hook that the feeder hangs off of (this
is not a tall hook, just a 4' single pole stuck into the ground about 6-9".
This morning there were no tracks disturbing the flour. That leads me to
think that it is a bat or the hummingbird moth as people have suggested. I
may set up a camera to the computer tonight with the longest USB cable I can
come up with....as long as it doesn't rain!

At least I've learned not to fill the feeder any more than is necessary to
keep the hummers happy during the day. But getting up a 4 to refill is
tiring.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Jo-Anne
Mansfield Center