[CT Birds] FW: eBird Report - Shelton Lake/Nell's Rock Trails , 6/21/09... Great Egrets-

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 21 16:33:53 EDT 2009

6/21-

I've seen 3 Great egrets up my way (near Sikorsky/Roosevelt) in the last few days.  One flyover Flood Middle School yesterday, and two today... one in the small pond in Boothe Park (also a Green Heron) and another in Peck's Mill Pond.  Still a Least flycatcher there also.  I've only got 2 years of experience as a basis for comparison, but I don't recall seeing this many Great egrets this little ways inland.

The Shelton Lake/Nell's Rock Trails are accesible by several lots, but I parked in a lot on the left hand side of Nell's Rock Rd in Shelton. Thanks to Chris Nevins for the heads up on the spot.  Amazingly great looks at both Blue-winged and Prairie warblers (once I got un-lost and found the powerline-cut!).  One male the darkest rust on his back I've ever seen.  (Again... not too many to compare with).