[CT Birds] flycatcher - which sps?

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 15:00:30 EDT 2009

When I spoke to Roy Harvey via cell phone earlier today and heard him read the description of the flycatcher reported from Easton, the words "black" and "white" jumped out and I told him Fork-tailed Flycatcher shouldn't be ruled out.
However, I've since gotten home and seen the observer's description in writing, it appears to me that he did see a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher as he reported.
I hope this post doesn't turn out to be academic, but thanks to Charlie Barnard et al. who have been out looking. Unfortunately, this sps and Fork-tailed have a history of hit-and-run appearances in the state.
Hope it's not flying around Sherwood Island or Allen's Meadow while Tina and Luke are in Easton :)
Greg Hanisek