[CT Birds] No Scissor-tailed or Fork-tailed

Chasbarnard at aol.com Chasbarnard at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 15:52:22 EDT 2009

Tina Green,  Penny Solum , Luke Tiller and I searched that  portion of the
orchard/farmland/grassland at Trout Brook in Easton which is  publicly
accessible.  We spent more than an hour up there and scoped over  every inch of
wire fence, fence post, tall shrub and/or tree which we could see  with no
luck in spotting the possible Scissor-tailed Flycatcher.
Even if the bird had been on that portion of the area which is NOT publicly
 accessible, I think that we would have caught a glimpse of it at some
point. The  bird could still be around somewhere in the area though.
Below is a link to a photo of the area, shown on some maps as "Flirt Hill."
 This photo can be rotated 360'.
Charlie Barnard
grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000004)