[CT Birds] No Scissor-tailed or Fork-tailed

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:11:59 EDT 2009

Although I've never birded the spot (so I don't have any feel for the
property whatsoever), I'd encourage folks to keep looking if they're on the
fence (pun intended) about trying for the bird given the negative reports. I
just have a hunch it may still be around, for whatever it's worth:)

Thanks for checking and reporting back guys/gals.

PS - For those who enjoy looking for rarities, there are currently a few
Roseate Spoonbills north of their usual range (Indiana, Virginia, even
Ontario), and there is a Neotropic Cormorant in Maryland. The NECO is a bird
that's certainly possible (increasing as a vagrant to the north and east),
but one that few people have on their 'rarity radar.'

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT