[CT Birds] Rarities

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:38:39 EDT 2009

Hi Alex,

You're right that June can be a very exciting month for rarities. Until June
20th it was very slow, then two great birds in two days (Painted Bunting and
ST Flycatcher). That's typically June in a nutshell: little-to-no action for
most of the month, but a chance at some very rare birds. It's boom or bust.
We've still got 8 days left in the month too..plenty of time for another
goodie to be found.

I made a brief note on June rarities at the beginning of the month:
http://shorebirder.blogspot.com/2009/05/june-rarities.html

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT