[CT Birds] the hunting of RUFFED GROUSE

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 12:25:18 EDT 2009

 I would like to argue one more point on hunting grouse in our State.

As i mentioned before, If Hunters have their rights to hunt wildlife here in our State, We as bird watchers also have rights. I believe many bird watchers if asked about the dwindling grouse population here in CT, no mater what the reason for it's down slide might be, would favor the elimination of it off the States allowable hunting list. We are many, and yet have no say in this?

If we all stand together and insist taking the ROUGH GROUSE off the States hunting list, we just might help to improve the survival and comeback of this bird in our State. We need to be heard, just as hunters get heard all the time.
This subject is not hunter against bird watcher or vise - versa; Its what can we do to help the Grouse as well as help our interests and rights to have the chance to SEE a ROUGH GROUSE. To me that is the point, and a move in the right direction for the birdwatcher and the Grouse.

Am I all alone on this here?
Bird watchers lets hear from you -  please be heard!

Paul Carrier