[CT Birds] Directions for the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

John Marshall John.Marshall at nasdaqomx.com
Tue Jun 23 16:20:15 EDT 2009

I posted earlier that the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher could be best viewed
from just outside a hole in the fence at the Orchard at the Aspetuck
Land Trust's Trout Brook Valley Preserve.  The hole in the fence has
been repaired and I have learned that the area across the fence is not
accessible to the public.  The Flycatcher was first seen from inside
fence and every perch that it used while it was visible this morning was
visible from inside the fence.  There are no trees for it to perch in
over the crest of the hill.  I would like to apologize to all if I
mislead anybody as to the best place to see the Flycatcher.

John Marshall