[CT Birds] draft letter to Lyman orchards

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 18:10:01 EDT 2009

>From Bev Propen  6/23  Orange
This is just a draft letter which I may send to Lyman Orchards  regarding
the orchard oriole slaughter that was mentioned.
To whom this may concern:
I am very disturbed to learn that Lyman Orchards is placing netting on
their blueberry plants again this season.  Last year we saw over 15 Orchard
Orioles tangled and killed in that netting. There are other methods which can
be  employed (falcons) that would discourage birds and wildlife from
consuming your  blueberries, without a horrible, painful death to them. All
wildlife deserves  our help to survive in these taxing times of climate change.  I
IMPLORE  Lyman Orchards to employ other more humane methods to discourage
birds from  eating the blueberries. Otherwise I,(along with many others) will
be forced to  boycott your orchards.