[CT Birds] draft letter to Lyman orchards

Mardi W. Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Tue Jun 23 18:28:55 EDT 2009

Dear Bev et all,

I do understand your concern as I agree with you . BUT lets slow down
and try to get all the facts
before assuming they are totally aware of the damage and effects they
are having on the wildlife birds.

I know the orchard well as many of us do and know the owners. I would
be happy to make a courtesy call and
talk with them about this particular issue before blasting them with a
letter. Remember sometimes even though we
know and clearly understand the problem, others do not. It becomes an
educational tool to use wisely and carefully.
Lets teach and give the orchard a chance and show them other ways of
handling the issue at hand.

I would be happy to contact them tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
Norwalk, CT