[CT Birds] Scissor-tail NO

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:30:55 EDT 2009

6/24, Aspetuck Land Trust orchard (right name??). 5:00-7:30a-

I arrived at sunrise, and a stream of more birders followed after, but all with no success. I left at 7:30ish with no sign of the bird.

Nice bird activity, but not the one that was wanted!  Great looks at bluebirds, indigos, field sparrows, kingbirds, towhees, waxwings, a blue-wing, and some swallows.  I think a Cliff swallow may have been around too, but it flew by too fast.  Bobolinks present but I missed them.  Yellow-throated vireo and tanagers in the woods.

-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com