[CT Birds] bird postings - re Chris

Sunshine sunny19682 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 25 10:45:52 EDT 2009

I'll pop in on this one because one of the things I hope to impress upon our
youth is to care about all the things sharing this planet with us - and I do
mean sharing.  I get quite upset reading posts by folks who want to ignore
issues that do affect all of us.  I've seen folks defending hunters - who if
you look at the history of hunting - has decimated species that will never
be seen ever again - we have had issues with turning our precious green
planet into a concrete jungle - and now we have another issue with birds in
peril.  I am not against hunting IF done properly and there is indeed a
right way to do it (culling the weak and sick and not just the biggest and
strongest to satisfy a bloodlust) - and I am very much for working with
builders to create their new structures BUT maintaining precious environs so
we don't loose them forever as well as the species that call them home - AND
I am all for educating people to explore better ways do do business and live
life being wary of the fact that there is more than just us living on this
planet.  If this list is solely going to serve as a place to find birds to
'tic off' on a list, then I really better find another place to go because
although that might have been the original intention of the creation of this
list, I think it serves us all much better if we did have a place to raise
these issues and discuss them - and perhaps find proactive and good ways to
solve those problems.  Ignoring them is not right... it just continues the
poor views people have about the world we share.  How can we expect to
maintain our green and blue planet if we ignore "her" needs?

Please - don't stop the discussions... I might not necessarily be able to
help in all cases, but it's been of great interest to be able to learn about
situations and what we can do to educate people to perhaps help 'fix' such
situations - and that's of far greater value than reading post after post of
"I saw these birds today".

Donna Lorello
Branford