[CT Birds] tree question, happy catbirds

Carol Ansel carolansel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:06:53 EDT 2009

Sorry, a bit off-topic - but the white birch in my yard is suddenly
dropping tons of yellow leaves - anyone else seeing this? Do you think
it's related to this unending rain, or is that coincidental?  I have
not seen it do this before - the tree cracked and died back several
years ago in an April snow; it now consists of two trunks which
sprouted from the base about 10 years ago or so.

So, on a bird topic, my catbirds couldn't be happier - ripe mulberries
on the tree and suet in the feeder - life is good!

Carol Ansel
Mystic