[CT Birds] tree question, happy catbirds

Jo-Anne Roberts jmrcnslt at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:07:41 EDT 2009

Probably is due to leaf miners eating the leaves. I used to have a beatiful wheeping birch in Willimantic. If I sprayed for leaf miners it would stay in full leaf for the summer. otherwise, it would drop leaves. It had a 20" canapy of branches hanging down. I had to choose - spray for leaves, or not spray. Over the 20 years I lived there, sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.

Apparently the people I sold the house to didn't like it or thougth it was dying when the leaves dropped...they've since chopped it down!

Jo-Anne

Mansfield Center