[CT Birds] rare Icelandic bird

Hopkinsus at cs.com Hopkinsus at cs.com
Sat Jun 27 14:23:57 EDT 2009

I just got back from a trip to Iceland, where we saw puffins, a king eider,
gyrfalcons, and many other beautiful birds.  We even saw the uncommonly
seen domestic pigeon.  But we managed to make the rare bird alert in Iceland
for a very rare sighting which our guide asked us to photograph so the record
could be verified and recorded.

A Canada goose!!

He couldn't understand why we were so unimpressed.  We went all the way to
Iceland to see a Canada goose!

Amy Hopkins
Guilford, CT

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke