[CT Birds] Manchester nighthawk?

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Jun 29 12:31:20 EDT 2009

Stopping by my mom's house in Manchester after the funeral last week, I twice thought I heard a Common Nighthawk peenting.  I don't normally post such unconfirmed reports, but they used to nest on top of the factories on Pine Street or perhaps atop Washington School or another roof in the area, so if anyone is in that neighborhood (from the old Parkade to Hartford Road between Pine and Cooper Streets), please keep your eyes and ears open; there are a lot of flat roofs in that area.  Common Nighthawks have become one of the rarest nesting birds in CT, so it would be nice to confirm if they are still there.

Patrick Comins, Meriden.