[CT Birds] Scarlet tanager singing question

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 29 13:47:31 EDT 2009

For the last week or so I have had a scarlet tanager singing behind my cottage here in Washington, CT. I thought it might be a bit late for a scarlet tanager to be singing in terms of it  having breeding success this year, so was wondering if the scarlet tanager singing now was within  the normal time frames for their breeding? Perhaps because of the rotten weather we have had in June this scarlet tanager is late in attempting breeding or perhaps this scarlet tanager lost a mate?

David W Babington
Washington, CT