[CT Birds] Swallows are migrating along the coast....

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 17:09:07 EDT 2009

There were a pile of swallows moving?past the Coastal Center and Stratford Point today.? 2 Bank, 2 Tree, 15-20 Barn Swallows, and a possible Rough-winged that got away... Twan also saw 25 Barn and several Tree?Swallows at Stratford Point.? The?Long-tailed Duck?is still hanging around the point, and Twan saw a Caspian Tern today feeding with the Common Terns (about 25+) off Stratford Point this morning and again around 4:45 PM... it was last seen heading west towards Long Beach, but it would still be in?our area.?There are still a few Laughing Gulls around.?A Spotted Sandpiper was on the beach as was a Black-bellied Plover (I heard it fly over, Twan saw it in Stratford), but I'm not sure what plumage it was in...? Frank Gallo