[CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club July Field Trip Revision

Larry Bausher LPBausher at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 21:12:17 EDT 2009

Folks,

Please note the following slight revision to the July field trip to
Station 43 and Great Pond Forest.  An additional stop at the
Rentschler Field grasslands will be included.  The date, time, and
meeting place are unchanged.

Saturday, July 11, 7:00 AM:  Station 43 and Great Pond State Forest.
Free and open to the public.
Join us as we go to several excellent birding locations in the CT
central valley.  Our first stop will be the grasslands near
Rentschler Field in East Hartford.  We may see Upland Sandpiper and
Grasshopper Sparrow there.  We’ll then head to Station 43, along the
CT River in South Windsor.  There, we’ll look for Least Bittern,
Green Heron, Wood Duck and other freshwater wetland species.  After a
break for brunch, we’ll go to the Great Pond Forest in Simsbury.
We’ll look for the Mississippi Kites that nested near there last year
and have returned.  Also, we can expect to see a number of
interesting pond and woodland species.  Meet at the commuter lot at
7:00 am on Route 68 in Wallingford, west of I-91 at Exit 15 (at the
east end of Barnes Road).  Leader:  Chris Loscalzo: 203 389-6508 or
closcalz at optonline.net.

Thanks,
Larry Bausher, Publicity Director