[CT Birds] Mansfield Center

Jo-Anne Roberts jmrcnslt at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:13:06 EDT 2009

Just saw my first ever Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.

I also have a handful (3-4) fledgling Hummingbirds. They're hovering in
front of the sunroom window not quite knowing what to do/where to go. At
least the male HB isn't chasing them away as he normally does to the females
perched at the feeders.

Fledgling Cardinals and fledgling tufted titmouse have also arrived. I just
looked over to the suet feeders and counted 6 woodpeckers on the top of the
garage waiting their turn.

Have the normal, Cardinals, Rose breasted Grosbeaks, hairies, downies and
red bellied woodpeckers, tufted titmouse. A black capped chickadee that look
like he was having a bad cap day - could it be a fledgling? I'll have to get
a better look. I can't tell yet if the Carolina Wren eggs have hatched. I
avoid the front door where the hanging basket with the nest is. The adult
has been in and out of the garden all day.

Enjoying the rainy afternoon.

Jo-Anne
Mansfield Center