[CT Birds] Wilson's Storm-petrels

philiprusch at charter.net philiprusch at charter.net
Sun Jul 12 14:08:29 EDT 2009

This morning from 7:30-10:00 AM, Glenn Williams and I were at Stonington Point conducting what passes for a seawatch.  There was quite a show of Wilson's Storm-petrels for the entire time we were there.  We were looking southwest into Fisher's Island Sound and did a series of counts between the Stonington Breakwaters.  The low count was 4 birds and the high count was 26.  several of the birds were probably in NY waters, but we had quite a few birds actually inside the breakwaters, as well as some moving into little Narragansett Bay.  There ere probably a lot more than the 26 we counted.

Earlier in the morning, I stopped by Avery Point in Groton and had 4 fly-by Common Eiders

Phil Rusch
Chaplin, CT

>From Glenn Williams and Phil Rusch
7/12/09  Stonington, Stonington Point--7:30 -10:00AM  26 Wilson's Storm-petrels
&/12/09  Groton, Avery Point  4 Common Eiders