Mardi W. Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Sun Jul 12 21:33:58 EDT 2009

Apologies to the list. I was pulling up info from previous years to
compare notes and somehow they
became part of the sighting info. I also hadn't finished my sightings.
Sorry about that. Although Glenn and
Nick mentioned high counts of Wilson's Storm Petrels at one time in CT
waters back on 7/10 of this year.
We have seen around this time every year since July 5, 2000., anywhere
from 12 to 140 WILSON'S STORM
PETRELS. We suspect a possibility that in past years they may have
been regular sighting. But, since not to many
people ventured out into the waters on a regular basic than from time
to time. Who knows what there might have
been. At least now we know they do exist. That is very interesting and

Here is the correct info below:

 From Mardi & Townsend Dickinson, Captain Steve Nezas & Deanne:
7/11- Norwalk, Norwalk Islands, Westport mid waters-- 7AM-11:30AM -
PETRELS. 5PM-7:45PM- 15 WILSON'S STORM PETRELS. Photographs taken.

 From Mardi & Townsend Dickinson, Captain Steve Nezas & Deanne:
7/12- Norwalk, Norwalk Islands -- 6:30AM-10:30AM - 20+ WILSON'S STORM
PETRELS two rafts of 10+
in each. Plus I picked up a shearwater type but could not catch it to
ID it. The shearwater was cruising at quite a clip.
8 adult BLACK SKIMMERS on Norwalk sand bar beyond Calf's Pasture going
out. Hopefully tomorrow we can Id
something new. Photographs taken.