[CT Birds] iPod birding software

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 20:05:27 EDT 2009

I've had an iPhone 3G since September and use it quite extensively while
birding. I wrote a brief review back in February that I just updated:
http://shorebirder.blogspot.com/2009/02/iphone-review.html

Here are the apps I use for birding purposes:
- weather apps: The Weather Channel, The Weather Underground, AccuWeather,
iWeathr Radar
- tide apps: TideApp, Shralp Tide
- iBird Plus (I actually don't use this...not a big fan...but I've read many
positive reviews elsewhere so I appear to be in the minority)
- GPS apps: GPS Tracker, MotionX GPS
- Google Earth

Plus I bookmarked birdingonthe.net to my Home Screen to quickly access
listservs.

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT