[CT Birds] iPod birding software

Steve Beal steve at bionic.tv
Tue Jul 14 20:30:55 EDT 2009

I use the iPhone mostly for ear birding. It has been an incredible
tool out in the field -ibird pro is comprehensive and gives you
reasonably quick access to calls. Recently I've been experimenting
with the new iphone's voice recorder and I have been able to record a
call in the field and email it to a more skilled ear-birder for
verification. I am surprised with the microphone's sensitivity. It
will be great to see how these tools will continue to evolve with the
technology.

Steve Beal
Sent from my iPhone