[CT Birds] Chimney Swifts

Diane Tucker dianetucker01 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 15 08:29:31 EDT 2009

I read a while ago on this list that somebody (sorry I don't remember who), was looking for information on chimney swifts.  I don't know if this is helpful, and perhaps this is common information.  But I do know of a few spots where I see them regularly.  They have been in West Hartford Center for many years, seemingly near the Congregational Church, but the nests may be in another building.  But there are quite a number at that location.  The other is the American School for the Deaf.  There are several chimneys there.  I also see them flying around Farmington Village.  They pass over Hill-Stead Museum quite often and I think they may be heading toward one of the church steeples on Main or High streets.

Anyway, I hope this isn't useless or repetitive, but I have never noticed anyone on this list mention these before.  I hope it helps in some way.  Regards, Diane Tucker