[CT Birds] Wilson's Storm-Petrels

Chasbarnard at aol.com Chasbarnard at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 16:36:44 EDT 2009

I took advantage of the senior citizen fare of $17 for a round trip on the
ferry from Bridgeport to Port Jefferson, NY and back this morning. Penny
Solum  went with me, although I don't think she qualified for the senior
Anyway, we did not spot a single Wilson's Storm-Petrel anywhere on or over
the water on the entire round trip.  We were up at the bow on the upper
deck, scanning continuously in all directions throughout.
There were quite a few Least Terns on the sand and gravel flats at the
entrance to Port Jefferson harbor, as well as quite a few Laughing Gulls near
Port Jefferson - but that was it.
Charlie Barnard Jr