[CT Birds] Osprey on US 44, Eastford,, more Pewee Pics

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 20:19:28 EDT 2009

I Stopped by the marsh in Eastford on Rt 44 today and checked on the Osprey
 and Great Blue Herons. The Osprey have 2 large nestlings, who are
beginning to  flap their wings occasionally. They aren't quite as big as the adults
yet, but I  imagine they will fledge within a week or 2. I know they got a
late start. 10 of  the 11 Great Blue Heron nests I was able to find are empty
and deserted now, but  1 has 2 large chicks in it, and 2 adults, probably
the parents, are around the  marsh.
Late starters too I guess. Link to pics  here:

Don  Morgan

in case link above is no good here it is  again:
Added more pictures of the Pewee taken today.  Thought  maybe feeding
hatchlings, but I think she was just rolling eggs.  Just  sitting most of the
Pics here:
**************Can love help you live longer? Find out now.