[CT Birds] Osprey on US 44, Eastford,, more Pewee Pics

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 20:19:28 EDT 2009

I Stopped by the marsh in Eastford on Rt 44 today and checked on the Osprey
 and Great Blue Herons. The Osprey have 2 large nestlings, who are
beginning to  flap their wings occasionally. They aren't quite as big as the adults
yet, but I  imagine they will fledge within a week or 2. I know they got a
late start. 10 of  the 11 Great Blue Heron nests I was able to find are empty
and deserted now, but  1 has 2 large chicks in it, and 2 adults, probably
the parents, are around the  marsh.
Late starters too I guess. Link to pics  here:

http://www.photoshohttp://www.http://www.http://ww&<WBR>tracki<WBR>&galleryi
d=galleryid=<WBR>5galleryid=<WBR>5

Don  Morgan
Coventry

in case link above is no good here it is  again:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?wf=share&trackingid=BTAGC&galleryi
d=518e3cb745b1414a9b1bb16c80863833

Added more pictures of the Pewee taken today.  Thought  maybe feeding
hatchlings, but I think she was just rolling eggs.  Just  sitting most of the
time.
Pics here:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?wf=share&trackingid=BTAGC&galleryi
d=cbbeaf20d6a548c4990c68f4af545523