[CT Birds] Miss. Kite, Windsor Locks

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:35:48 EDT 2009

Nice one Jim! Did you note whether it was an adult or not?

>From here on out, summer sightings of MIKI, particularly of adults, should
be considered possible nesting birds. Any sort of follow-up searches would
be worthwhile. Not long after the first nest was found in NH last year, a
second nest was found not too far away. Those birds have returned to NH, and
a pair is now being seen together in upstate NY. We should hope/expect to
find another nest in the coming years given the apparent colonization of the
region, so a sighting like this is quite important. Locals should continue
to keep an eye out!

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT