[CT Birds] Miss. Kite, Windsor Locks

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 17 21:14:13 EDT 2009

Nick's comments are spot on considering the recent expansion of Mississippi
Kites into the northeast. We are also entering the period when eurasian
stints (Such as Little and Red-necked) have been found in our area. Actually
many rarities can show up in July. The northeast region of the US has had
Great White Heron, Roseate Spoonbill, Little Gull, Sandwich Tern, and others
around lately. Not to mention hummingbirds, a Violet-crowned in Virginia
recently? Makes you wonder what's next!

Dave Provencher

Naturally <http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>  New England