[CT Birds] Red-headed Woodpecker

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 19 08:43:58 EDT 2009

7/19, Tranquility Rd. Middlebury (6:50-7:50a)-
(1) adult Red-headed Woodpecker (lifer!)
The bird was at the previously reported location.  It took me a while to locate it...  I picked it up flying out over the far end of the first field on the left after turing onto Tranquility.  It flew into a dead looking tree some 100 yards away and it gave me about 25 seconds of un-obstructed view before it flew off again.
I thought I heard it call when I was looking for it, but it was silent when I did find it.
7/19, I-84 off-ramp to RT-8 south (8:10a)-
(1) Peregrine falcon in hot pursuit of a rock dove.
NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone.  Click here.