[CT Birds] Windham Airport Dike

Steve Morytko smorytko at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 14:26:49 EDT 2009

Late this morning from the Windham Airport dike there was a flyover adult Glossy Ibis moving east to west and settling about 1/2 mile west somewhere near Rte 6 in Chaplin. They are very unusual in our area and that's the second sighting since Thursday when there were 3 (1 adult and 2 juvenile) on Horsebarn Hill in Storrs. We also saw Green Heron and Belted Kingfisher on the impoundment side and a female American Kestrel and 2 Eastern Meadowlark (scope views) on the airport side.

 Steve Morytko
288 Varga Rd.
Ashford, CT 06278 USA
smorytko at yahoo.com