[CT Birds] Sharon area - Acadian Flycatcher, etc.

Hope Batcheller hope.batcheller at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 22:50:41 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I spent the last two weeks bird banding in the general Sharon, CT area.
Birding highlights follow...apologies for the late report on most of these.

Great Mountain Forest, Norfolk, July 7:
1 Nashville Warbler (heard singing, not heard on second visit a week later)
3 Magnolia Warbler
9 Blackburnian Warbler
5 Canada Warbler
1 Northern Waterthrush

Great Mountain Forest, Norfolk, July 13:
4 Magnolia Warbler
2 Canada Warbler
9 Blackburnian Warbler

Acadian Flycatcher (ACFL) heard singing almost daily at Sharon Audubon
Center near start of Bog Meadow Trail. Not being local, I'm not sure how
commonly ACFL are heard in this part of CT...any information is appreciated!

Sharon Audubon Center, 15 July:
Eastern Wood-Pewee nest found! Probably with young young (redundancy
intended intended).
Blue-winged Warbler with begging young
Alder Flycatcher (again, I'm not local, so not sure how common they are)

Good birding!
--Hope Batcheller
Petersburgh, NY
www.fledglingguide.org