[CT Birds] Yard Nestings

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Mon Jul 20 17:54:24 EDT 2009

-House Wrens raising second brood in same nest box
-Gray Catbirds were observed on the fourth bringing twigs and sticks
into the thick evergreens in my yard. However, the next day I left for
Costa Rica (a big life list boost there). I have seen the Catbirds in
and around that location so much I think it is inevitable that they
are nesting
-House Sparrows also nest under some of the eaves of the roof (I've
come to live with them-at least for now)
-The nesting Yellow-crowned Night-Herons on the street are doing
fairly well-before Costa Rica I saw 4 nestlings in 3 nests. While I
was in CR my mother got a picture of a fully fledged juv. right in our

The other birds of the yard remain the same-Blue Jays, Northern
Cardinals, Black-capped Chickadees, American Goldfinches, Tufted
Titmice, European Starlings and Carolina Wrens
Still Regretting not going on the Extreme Pelagic on the 18th!

Happy Birding!
Alex Burdo