[CT Birds] Shorebird migration begun

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 20 22:17:15 EDT 2009

James,
Yes, I've seen that Snowy Egret behavior of hovering along with gulls over schools of feeding bluefish out over the open water.  First saw it last year off Westport, and I've seen it 2-3 times in the past month in Stratford.  It's pretty amazing that they would expend that much energy to try to get a fish morsel.
Frank MantlikStratford