[CT Birds] From the RIBirds list

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 17:55:14 EDT 2009

In particular this matches what I have been  thinking about Yellow
Warblers.  They seem quite scarce  already.  It seems very early to me.
Don Morgan
Coventry

Tom M. to RIBIRDS
show details 10:31 AM (7 hours ago)  Reply

  Fall migration is getting off to a good start. There  have been a hand
full of species seen that are not nesters. Sunday the 19th  three great blue
herons were seen, an adult red-tailed hawk and a kestrel were  also seen on
the19th. Common terns are increasing rapidly in numbers, and  recently
fledged young are being fed sandlance by their parents. Shorebirds are  starting
to appear, and yellow warbler flight calls can be heard all most  everywhere.

Yesterday morning, the 20th there were about 150 cory's  shearwaters
feeding off the SW side, with a couple of greaters in the mix and a  manx came
through really close and then disappeared.

This morning, the21st, there were numerous cory's off the north  end.

Cheers!
-Tom M.
**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.