[CT Birds] Yellow Warbler Migration

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 19:20:07 EDT 2009

Hi Dave et al,

As I understand it when we are out looking for migrant warblers in September we are more likely to be seeing a different subspecies (amnicola) that breeds across Boreal Canada than the locally breeding subspecies (aestiva). Kind of interesting. I wonder what subspecies of bird it was that I had at Allen's meadows in mid-November last year. It seems like amnicola are generally duller but aren't illustrated in the Peterson's guide (apart from as first fall females).

Luke Tiller, Wilton