[CT Birds] Sedge Wren, Strong Road, South Windsor

Janis LaPointe janlan2 at cox.net
Wed Jul 22 10:10:19 EDT 2009

The Sedge Wren was vocalizing between 8:30 a.m., when we arrived, and 9:15 a.m., when we left, on (7/22), on the dirt side road off Strong Road, South Windsor.   The bird was seen flying short distances, always staying low to the grasses, but ocassionally sitting up for nice views with a scope.  As previously reported, the wren was just North of the farm equipment sitting on the east side of this side road.     Also seen bobolink, Great Blue Heron flying over, Green Heron flying, Killdeer, Savannah Sparrow Tree Swallows, .
Janis LaPointe and Nancy Eaton