[CT Birds] Royal Tern

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Wed Jul 22 15:00:20 EDT 2009

7/22 1:30-2:15
When I arrived the tern was not on the jetty but soon it arrived but
was scared off again. It returned and sat for a while until flying off
to join the bunches of terns (and fisherman) working on a bunch of
fish near the reef. It then came back and sat for the remainder of the
time I was present. Great find James!

Remember-tern is present on the first jetty to the right of Penfield
Reef, although I had it on the reef for a few minutes as well, so just
look in the general area of Penfield Reef and surrounding jettys if
you don't find it in its usual spot.

Photos posted in gallery: http://gallery.me.com/alexanderburdo#gallery
I will probably follow with a blog entry.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield