[CT Birds] lots of flooding at the Coastal Center at Milford Point

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 08:27:36 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Last night's high tides brought flooding... Most, if not all, of the bars went underwater. Conditions were not good for the birds, and they can use a break.?Shorebird season is upon us.. Please remember to stay off the fenced bar off Francis Street from mid to high tide.? This gives the birds a chance to rest and feed.? Please tell others,? Note:? The beach to the east of the bar is private.? Do not take groups down this beach...ever!!??It is important for us to keep good relationships with our neighbors,?especially for the sake of the nesting plovers and terns. We appreciate everyone's cooperation.? Frank Gallo, CT Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point.