[CT Birds] White-faced Ibis at Silver Sands State Park... today, 7/30/2009 at 4:45 pm

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 21:33:03 EDT 2009

7/30/2009 from Frank Gallo - Silver Sands State Park, Milford
A White-faced Ibis was feeding with 21 Glossy Ibis at Silver Sands State Park this afternoon, 7/30/2009 on the lawn on the left side of the entrance road, just before you turn left toward the parking lots. A jogger flushed the birds, and they flew into the marsh and river channel just to the east, along the east edge of the park.? The channel can be viewed from the south end, just east of the traffic circle, at the very end of the entrance road.? The Ibis tend to congregate in the channel and marsh at high tide, or feed on the lawns along the entrance road.? I finally relocated the bird in the channel just before two deer flushed all the ibis and shorebirds in the marsh.? The flock flew north along the channel but could not be relocated by Frank Mantlik or me.?? Frank Gallo