[CT Birds] Watch Rock

htg1523 at att.net htg1523 at att.net
Wed Aug 5 13:33:35 EDT 2009

8/5 Old Lyme, Watch Rock area kayak paddle this morning.  Mud flat had around 100 peeps, 95% Semi Palmated, 1 Gr Yellowleg, 3 killdeer and 7 Glossy Ibis.
Northern Harrier sighting was most interesting.  I had two previous sighting on June 5 and 7 in the same area.  Todays bird was going away from me when I first saw it and could not age or sex it but it definitely was not an adult male.

Also, on 8/5, at Griswold Pt I saw the Com Loon that Dennis Varza had posted the day before.  Happy to say that I saw the bird before I read his posting.

Hank Golet