[CT Birds] Possible hybrid White-faced x Glossy Ibis also

james.bair at snet.net james.bair at snet.net
Fri Aug 7 14:29:49 EDT 2009

Dear Frank and everyone else:

I thought it curious that the White-Face was clearly hanging out with Glossies that go to roost on Charles Island; and the possible hybrid suggests that the White-Face may have been nesting there. This also suggests something else. I recall about twenty years ago a well-known CT birder was explaining to me why he thought the White-Faced and Glossy split was bogus--that they really are regional variants of the same species with a certain amount of overlap and individual variation.

Any thoughts on that?
:-)

Jim Bair