[CT Birds] Possible hybrid White-faced x Glossy Ibis also with flock at Silver Sands

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Aug 7 14:46:52 EDT 2009

I only saw Glossies when I was down there on Saturday, but there was quit a distinct variation in size among them.  Among the 9 or so Glossies I saw, there was at least one obviously smaller and duller first year bird, and on WAY larger adult.  The top of that bird was a good inch or more higher than the backs of the other adult Glossies in that group.  So another factor to consider is which Glossies the White-faced is being compared to.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT