[CT Birds] Directions to Stratford Point

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:07:08 EDT 2009

Here are basic directions to Stratford Point for those who are interested in
coming to the trash pickup next Wednesday. I should have added that it's a
very good time for a visit. We've had regular Cliff Swallows, a few
warblers, plenty of terns and shorebirds. Today I found the first "fall"
Bobolinks. And having seen it a week ago, I say "bigger" for the
White-faced.

Here is a Google Map link that is targeted to the Point entrance:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.1531+-73.1056

The best way to come is by I-95. Take exit 30, northbound or southbound. If
southbound, take a left at the stop signs once you exit I-95, putting you on
Surf Avenue. You'll drive south, passing under I-95, for about 1/4 of a mile
until you come to a light at which you will turn left onto Lordship
Boulevard (CT-113). If coming northbound, you'll exit I-95 and bear right,
bringing you immediately onto Lordship Boulevard.

Heading east on Lordship Boulevard you'll pass through a few intersections
and drive about 4/5 of a mile. You'll come to somewhat of a fork in the road
and another set of lights. Bear right, staying on Lordship Boulevard. You
may see signs for the airport, which you can follow, as you'll be heading in
that direction. It will be obvious now that you're in Great Meadows Marsh,
and you'll go by the airport in the middle of the marsh.

Continue driving past the airport entrance until you come to a 4 way stop
sign (now at the opposite end of the marsh). Take a left onto Oak Bluff
Avenue (continuing on CT-113) and drive straight. You will come to a traffic
circle, at which point you will turn onto Prospect Drive, the second street
as you go around the circle. Follow Prospect Drive straight through a set of
lights for about 1 and 1/4 miles and you will see Stratford Point on your
left. It is fenced in with Connecticut Audubon signs next to the gate.
Follow the driveway in towards the buildings and you'll see a visitor's
parking area.

Again, I hope to see everyone there next Wednesday at 8:30, and please email
me if you have any other questions.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Connecticut Audubon Society