[CT Birds] Sunrise Birding Walk - Westport

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Aug 8 18:46:50 EDT 2009

Hi All,

A bit of a slow day all around with the only real highlight being a Wilson's Snipe at Sherwood Island SP that seemed a little out of it's regular season there. Post walk I popped over to Stratford and had a dowitcher I am pretty confident calling a Long-billed roosting at the Marina. Over at the CAS center in Milford we had the three Red Knots in nice plumage (one had flags green left leg orange/yellow right), one skimmer as well as two White-rumped Sandpipers on the same bar. On the way back home a stop at Allen's Meadows produced one Orchard Oriole.

Luke Tiller