[CT Birds] Hummer question....

Jo-Anne Roberts jmrcnslt at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:10:10 EDT 2009

Brian,

Perhaps you should change the location of the 3rd feeder. it may just be too close to the others? I don't think that the faded red color has anything to do with a hummer not coming to your feeder.

I have a new feeder out this year and while it's a new flat design I'm not entirely happy with it. I feel that it gets filled with water if left uncovered and covered, the birds don't seem to flock to it as they do the old tried and true feeders. Or perhaps the 1 large and 3 smaller (an Opus Mobile) feeders are enough for the birds I have. They also have a patch of Monarda (bee balm) that is 4-5 diameter and 6' tall with hundreds of blooms on it along with loads of other blosoms to fill up on.

Jo-Anne

Mansfield Center