[CT Birds] Philadelphia Vireo STFD

kbosch at gmail.com kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:46:43 EDT 2009

There was 1 Philadelphia Vireo going between the few large trees near the buildings at Stratford Point with some orioles, flycatchers, and many other migrants. I saw it last at about 8:40 heading to the tree line/shrubs on the west side. It's quite a yellow bird and has a nice contrast with the black eye line. It was much too colored for a Warbling. I was surprised, to say the least - I haven't had one in a few years, and it's early. The few large trees we have are quickly becoming magnets for migrants.

As usual, a Cliff Swallow is also present with the 4 other swallow species. I had 9 Bobolinks as well. It's a busy time here! Twan had some good hits yesterday afternoon, too. If you come down here to pick up some trash tomorrow morning you never know what you might find.

-Scott Kruitbosch
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T