[CT Birds] Finch eye disease

recoverywing at cox.net recoverywing at cox.net
Tue Aug 11 14:23:28 EDT 2009

CT Birders -

The Cornell link has good information to follow. My add to it would be to catch infected birds and get them to a rehabilitator. The disease is easily treated and  also removes the contagious bird from the population limiting the spread of the disease.

When raking under the feeders, do not compost but bag up for garbage removal.

Jayne Amico/Southington
 link from the Cornell Lab in case others see it at their feeders: