[CT Birds] Cooper's hawk and Raptorthon 2009

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 11 19:31:54 EDT 2009

Noted a large Cooper's hawk on the east side of Lake Waramaug (spelling?) in Warren on Monday afternoon (10 Aug). I also noted the idea of a Raptorthon 2009 in an E mail newsletter from the Hawk Migration Association of North America (HMANA) I received today. How about a ConnRaptorthon? Of course if there was competition between hawk watch sites in the state for ConnRaptorthon 2009 the "big" sites would have to be a separate category then the September broad-winged hawk sites.

David W Babington
Washington, CT