[CT Birds] Ruby-throated hummingbird, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 12 19:23:50 EDT 2009

While sitting on the enclosed portion of our front porch reading the newspaper here in Washington, CT this afternoon a ruby-throated hummingbird appeared. The hummingbird hovered in place for a minute or so before speeding off over the house. Being only a casual birder now I must admit that this hummingbird was nice to see while reading the newspaper. The Science section of NY Times yesterday had a great print of hummingbirds by the way.

David W Babington
Washington, CT